Treland History
Treeland’s Hayward Resort History dates back to 1912

Our Hayward family history dates back to 1912, when our grandparents, Oluf and Olava Treland settled where the “Original” resort is today to start a dairy farm and a logging sawmill.
In 1924, the Chippewa Flowage as we know it today, had her first full head of water, flooding out some of our grandparents’ land, but not discouraging them enough to make them move. As the cows grazed and drank from the “Big Chip”, fishing camps started popping up around her shores, with Treeland Pines starting in 1928.

The rest is history, as the second, third, fourth and fifth generations have expanded and modernized the “old fishing camp”, acquired others and developed and modernized those resorts to meet the needs and desires for the current “Up North” family vacation. Our latest venture is a new 75 site premium RV park which opened in 2013, right where the original farm buildings were.
As we have grown and expanded over the generations and years, we still have many families with descendants who have known us from the fishing camp days to our current operations memories told of the days of gas rationing during WWII and how they still got “Up North”; memories of catching their first fish or chasing frogs along the shoreline, or water skiing behind a 5HP motor (Yep, we did!) with motors that you spun 180 degrees to go into reverse; memories of great times with family and friends, never to be taken away.